Monday 31 October 2016

May 2016 - September 2016

For one reason or another I seem to have got behind with documenting these. This project continues to be fun and a source of inspiration, it is so interesting to look at how the the themes are interpreted and the cards constructed. The range of techniques that are used is diverse and includes mixed media, stitch - hand, machine and free motion machine embroidery. Appliqué and collage are also frequently used.

May Theme: Pink



My card, Pink Lotus    3/4


Pink Chevrons   6/10


Petal, the Pink Fairy   2/3


Pearls in a Pink Sea   

June Theme: The Sea


My card, Ocean waves   4/4


Sea


The Sea   2/4


July Theme: Ancient Civilisations


My card, Cats Were Gods in Ancient Egypt   4/4


Egyptian Scarab Beetle   2/3


Adaptation of Pre Columbian Design, Paracas


Ancient Civilisation

August Theme: Red Centre


My card, Red Square   4/4


Red Centre   


The Red Centre   5/5


The Red Centre   2/3

September Theme: Turtle


My card, Sea Turtle   4/4


Turtle

Turtle in the Sea


Rock Turtle   


















No comments:

Post a Comment

//