Wednesday 17 April 2024

When You Lose Your Mojo

‘Have you lost your mojo ?’ a friend enquired, you haven’t put anything on your blog for ages she said. I have been absent from this space for quite some time for no particular reason. So I thought about what I had been doing and decided that my absence has been largely due to a major remodelling my garden.


Something pretty before the destruction


I decided to remove the English box hedge. It was more than thirty years old but required a lot of pruning to keep it to a height that matched the scale of the garden. I loved the formal design element but having had some issues with my back and shoulders I decided it was time for something a little easier to manage. 


It was definitely a major exercise and was done over a period of several weeks. With the parterre / hedge gone  we are focussing on some soil improvement  and developing a new design.

From this to this


With all of this destruction the cooking was definitely a low priority and more a case of cooking what was quickest and easiest. An exception was the making of my grandson’s birthday cake. 

A cardboard Titanic sinking into a chocolate mud cake sea with marshmallow and white chocolate icebergs.


Lots of knitting, more about these another time.


And some more from the garden, despite all of the destruction there are still some very pretty pockets of flowers and green.






1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how that hedge removal was going. Have you decided how to fill those areas?

    ReplyDelete

//