Friday 17 January 2020

Summer Cardi

This has been finished for some time but I kept forgetting to photograph it.



The plan was to make a lighter cardigan for a Summer, something that was easy to throw on if it got a bit chilly. I have made this cardigan before, in black, but wanted a softer colour palette. I love the yarn, a sock yarn from Hawthorne Cottage, Ballarat. Sue produces an excellent range of hand dyed yarns. The pattern, St Catherine’s is a Kate Davies Designs . Unfortunately it is too large, wearable but too loose for comfort.



I made several errors with this garment. The first was not knitting a gauge square. If I had done this I think I would have made a smaller size. The second was to make the largest size, the guide said to allow a lot of ease, it is meant to be loose. Thirdly,  I made a mistake in the knitting the garment and knitted it longer in the body than suggested in the body, this came about because I went away and forgot the pattern, a mistake to rely on the memory. I should have unpicked it but pushed on hoping for the best.




No comments:

Post a Comment

//