Saturday 8 June 2019

Three Ingredient Biscuits

What are you going to do with those I asked as my neighbour was unloading the biggest box of cornflakes imagineable.  She went on to tell me about this recipe that someone from her rowing club makes with only three ingredients; cornflakes, condensed milk and peanut butter. She thought 5 cups of cornflakes, 1 tin of condensed milk and 250 grams of peanut butter. I was intrigued. Home  I trotted ... no cornflakes, there were some Weetbix and Rice Bubbles so I thought I would give them a try.


Rice bubbles 



Crushed Weetbix



The real deal, this time I also added some vanilla essence.



So easy



Combine 1 tin condensed milk, 250 g peanut butter and vanilla if using and mix well.



Add 5 cups of cereal, stir until the cereal is evenly mixed through. Take heaped tablespoons of the mixture, roll into balls and flatten as you press onto the tray. Bake at 170 deg C for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown.cool for a few minutes on the tray and then remove top cooling rack until completely cold.

The Verdict
I liked the cornflakes best and then the Weetbix, the man of the house preferred the rice bubbles and then the Weetbix version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//