Sunday 5 August 2018

Succulent Prints

My printmaking classes are on hold for this term and possibly forever. The end came in a hurry so I brought my stuff home with intention of sorting through the work. I got busy and weeks have passed but I have finally got around to sorting everything out. I usually approach each term with a theme and then go with the techniques that the tutor has planned for the term. My theme for the term was succulents/cactus and Gaye, out tutor had decided that we would investigate Etching into aluminium plate and dry point. 



My first aluminium plate, printed as a test print onto newsprint.



Ghost print on silk



The etched plate after cleaning.



The plate, etched but not cleaned



The image is transferred and scratched into the bitumen coated aluminium plate.



My next plate. This was less successful as I did not manage the the etching process properly.



Test print  onto cotton drill fabric. I will reuse the plate and etch into the other side.



My next plate, drypoint on acetate sheet.



The inked plate.


Printed onto fabric.



Printed onto a book page.



Ghost print.



Reinked in blue



Chine colle.



Printed onto commercial printed fabric.



Ghost print onto commercial fabric.



When your succulent morphs into a pirate. The backing paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//