Sunday 29 July 2018

A Wee Cardigan

This cardigan is based on a Kate Davies pattern called the Carbeth Cardigan. Kate Davies is a knitter and pattern designer who lives in what appears to be relatively remote Scotland.



This was the cardigan made up following the pattern. The neckline was too high and also doubled over and  this combined with the yarn  that I used would have been to hot around my neck. So I decided to unpick the neckline, make it looser and only one thickness.





I particularly like the way the raglan sleeves are shaped and worked.



This is the yarn that I used. 12 ply and very warm, perfect for my early morning walk. Some was new, some unpicked from another project and a mixture of colour ways. The yarn was in the reduced bin at my local yarn store with a ball or two in each of the colours. My plan was for a blanket but then changed my mind.





When it is really cold Morris and I need to rug up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//