Tuesday 12 June 2018

Knitting for My Doggy Friends

I like to have a few knitting projects on the go and at least one that I consider an easy knit. These dog jumpers meet all the requirements. I have adapted the pattern from Sirdar  pattern number 5792 and it refers to the Battersea Dogs Home. I use yarn that is one hundred percent wool as this keeps the dog warmer if it gets damp. I also like to curve and taper  the bottom. Sometimes I knit a band, sometimes I crochet around the edge.



This is my latest. Henry, the dachshund, is a puppy with some growing to do.



Henry, goes to work with his owner, a builder. HiVis yarn was perfect for his jumper. 



How good does he look?




This one has no bands so that I can pick up the stitches at the bottom and sides and make it larger as he grows.



This is Ruby, she is grand old girl of thirteen and like lots of old ladies has a bit of arthritis and benefits from a nice woollen jumper. 



Ruby and Morris. We start every day with an early morning walk and coffee.



Last year I knitted some jumpers for my walking buddy, Morris, you can read about them here

1 comment:

  1. I’m impressed, I need to say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is excellent; the issue is one thing that not enough people are talking intelligently about. I am very completely happy that I stumbled throughout this in my search for one thing relating to this. slots for real money

    ReplyDelete

//