Monday 19 March 2018

The Big 60

I am using this milestone to justify not posting for awhile. No, I haven’t found it a challenge or been stressed out by turning sixty but more that the celebrations have been more like a ‘birth week’ than a birthday. Lucky me!



This is the painting that was commissioned for my birthday. It is by Pamela Irving. I love cats, big bold paintings and the colours are purrfect in our family room. You can read more about Pamela here.


Of course the wisdom in this book from a friend has helped.



My birthday coincided with hanging an exhibition (more about this in another post) and lunch came from the nearest shop. Not something I have often but there is something deliciously decadent about getting take away fish and chips.



No one big event buts lots of  smaller get togethers to celebrate. There was lots of coffee



Some fabulous Indian cooked by my friend Lariane



My favourite pizza



This cake from Sweet by Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh

I was embarrassed by the many thoughtful gifts and generosity of my family and friends.
The tone was set by my lovely husband Ray. He very cleverly decided to spread the fun over the week leading up to the big day with a small gift that would just randomly appear on the kitchen bench. It was just so much fun that I had to share it. 



An almond croissant for morning tea (and from my fave bakery)


This magazine for some culinary inspiration



Some new succulents for my collection


A book for bedside reading




A gorgeous and fragrant soap, I love these soaps.



Some flowers. Yellow flowers are my favourite and I like old fashioned flowers such as carnations although they are not fashionable any more.



A voucher 


And cash to match my age.

 Turning 60 was good fun!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are sixty and I missed it - we were rather busy!!
    What a great husband - tell him so from me.

    ReplyDelete

//