Wednesday 7 March 2018

More Cyanotype Printing

These are from the second session. This time it was all about toning the prints. Some very interesting effects created by immersing in a variety of toning baths. I used some of the images from the last class as well feather stencils made from light card. This is a selection of the prints.



This image of bees was from a macro photo taken by my friend Bron. 


This one toned in tannin and using the feather stencils



Also in tannin but not for as long, the Cyanotype solution applied more randomly and the feathers shifted slightly during the developing process.



This image was toned  in tannin.





These toned in a strong tea solution.






Peroxide bath.



A quick dip into tricleanium and then the tannin bath.



1 comment:

  1. These looking great. Is it on paper?
    And thank you for blogging...
    I think I am going to go back to blogging. I am so sick of Ig and the way everything is shuffled so I don't see the most recent posts and then I miss things NOT to mention all the ads.

    ReplyDelete

//