Thursday 17 November 2016

October Theme - Tribal

The swaps for October, the Tribal theme was interpreted widely. It continues to be interesting and  to see how each person interprets the theme and then how the ideas are translated into the trading card. Stitch is a key feature of the cards, as would be expected from a challenge set up by the Embroiderers Guild. I tend towards machine stitch and a more mixed media or applique focus, however, others are very keen on hand embroidery. I look forward to getting my 'little artworks' in the mail each month.

My swap


Tribal Face Masks   1/4


Tribal Face Masks 1/4
The background is a fabric that was given to me as an 'African' fabric. The masks were from another fabric, appliquéd and machine stitched to the background.

The Swaps I received


Tribal   1/3
Painted wadding, machine embroidery with silk using solvi.


Tribal
Ndebele beading and hand stitch.


Aztec Feather Shield   1/4
Appliqué, hand and machine stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//