Sunday 30 August 2015

Orange Cheesecake Slice

It is not often that I wander around a supermarket, generally this task is left to the man of the house who sticks to the list. However, when I do,  invariably some new product catches my eye. On my most recent trip I found this Orange Concentrate made by Robinsons in the soft drink aisle and succumbed to an impulse purchase. Whilst I do not drink these sorts of products I am interested in them for cooking.


I used the concentrate to make this cheesecake slice and was very pleased with the intensity of the flavour. I didnot dilute the concentrate and added a very small pinch of citric acid to the mixture, it was deliciously tangy and made a good dessert as well as a slice. It is a variation of this slice.

Cut into small fingers for an indulgent supper treat or slice into larger pieces for dessert.










This is the concentrate


Orange Cheesecake Slice
Base
150 g butter, melted
1 pkt Marie biscuits, finely crushed





To serve
Whipped Cream
chopped pistachios
Topping
250 g butter, soft
250 g cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons gelatine
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate*, heated to boiling
fine zest of an orange
optional - pinch of citric acid


Method
Base
Combine butter and biscuits in a bowl and mix well. Press into a lined slice tin and press down firmly. Place in fridge.

Topping
Dissolve/ soften gelatine in the boiling orange concentrate.
Place butter, cream cheese, sugar, zest, vanilla, citric acid if using and gelatine mixture into a bowl.
Beat until smooth.
Spread topping over biscuit base and return to the fridge to set.
Cut into pieces and serve with piped whipped cream and chopped pistachios.


*Robinsons Double Concentrate Orange 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//