Monday 13 July 2015

Dancing is Good For Me

A new name tag.

Yes, I go to Line Dancing and this is why. Apparently line dancing helps with memory but a name tag helps. It is hard enough to learn the dances without having to learn lots of new names as well.

This is my folder of dance steps, every time we get a new dance I print out the steps and put in the folder.  I study the steps of the dance and try to learn them by heart, some are easier than others and in moments of frustration some are just impossible. But you know how it goes - practice makes perfect for improvement and I have, so much that I have been moved to the second row!



The variety of music and dances is amazing and it seems every line dance can be found by doing a quick 'Google' search. This is also a good way to learn the routine and helps with the practice. One of my favourite beginner dances is  Mamma Maria, the 'walk through's are very helpful and this is what it looks like when it is danced as a group.


The instructor is a very patient Les. At 87 he is the perfect advertisement for the benefits of line dancing. Each session is organised, the dance music selected from the play list on his computer and then the dance demonstrated and called.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

//