Friday 27 March 2015

Passionfruit Season

Quite a few of my friends have passionfruit vines and a bag often comes my way. Mostly, I eat them from the shell, although, if I get lots I make passionfruit icecream.



I use the very simple cream and condensed milk icecream that is a constant in my no churn repertoire and add lots of passionfruit pulp. It becomes slightly more icy in texture than the plain vanilla version, however, it is delicious with fresh mango and some fresh passionfruit pulp spooned over the top.



Passionfruit Icecream
600 ml cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 can condensed milk
1 cup fresh passionfruit pulp*

Method
Whip cream and vanilla until stiff, beat in condensed milk. Take care to just mix the condensed milk through and do not overbeat.

Spoon the passionfruit into the whipped cream mixture and mix well.

Freeze.


*Pulp can be strained to remove the seeds, although, I never bother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//