Monday 17 November 2014

Variations

Frozen raspberries are so versatile and a great way to create a variation of your favourite recipes.  I add them to muffins, bread and butter puddings, fruit crumbles and cobblers and puréed for sauces and in smoothies. The tartness of the raspberries can cut through the sweetness and richness of these dishes.


Pavlova is something that I often make when I need to bring a plate. I mostly get asked to bring a dessert and 'the pav' is always popular. This one topped with puréed frozen raspberries, fresh strawberries, blueberries and crushed Dark Chocolate Tim Tams. The tartness of the raspberries cuts through the sweetness of the meringue.


Chocolate brownies, the go to supper for the knitting group. My standard Brownies recipe with two cups of frozen raspberries and 3 tablespoons of good quality Dutch cocoa. 

Some of the ladies tucking in

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//