Friday 17 October 2014

Away on Holiday


Up,up and away to Perth. Very early flight to maximise the day, arrived in Perth just after eight, collected the car and made our way to my Aunty Rey's. Arrived in time for this


freshly made waffles with lemon creme patisserie and coffee, thanks to my talented Uncle Nick. What a way to get started. Lots of catching up and then a leisurely walk - yes really! Four kilometres along the path around Lucky Bay on the Swan River.


Many years since my last trip, however, needed to revisit the sights, King's Park  was a must, with the magnificent native flowers 



and Freemantle. Great to walk around the streets, lots of old buildings like this old bakery , Bread In Common, that has had a makeover, love the rigged lights very reminiscent of old ships and sails, now a bustling trendily dinining spot.



Perfect for a light lunch, using bread made on the premises, a toasted Brie, sautéed mushrooms and spinach sandwich with a refreshing freshly squeezed grapefruit, orange and ginger juice. Definitely making this when I get home.





I could not pass up these - more bristles for my collection, found wandering Freo, going from gallery to gallery and looking at the shops.

Then home for a late afternoon lesson in icecream making, the Italian style. Lucky me, first vanilla and then rum and raisin. The tasting crew were hard at it, quality control is so important.



Good night Perth.



So spoilt, a lovely time visiting with my WA family. The first leg of the trip is over and now for Margaret River.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//