Friday 1 August 2014

Drinks Anyone?

There is something about a casual get together for drinks that is really enjoyable and although, I do not drink, I do enjoy the banter and snacks. When it is my turn to host drinks I usually serve a selection of cheeses, salami, olives and perhaps a dip on a big platter. Sometimes I make these caramelised onion and fetta puffs. I used this onion jam that I made a little while ago and some Meredith Goats Cheese. Any onion /chilli jam or chutney could be substituted for the onion jam and a fetta or grated tasty cheese used instead of the Meredith Goats Cheese. I usually have a stack of circles that I have leftover from making tomato and olive tarts. It is not necessary to cut out circles, cut the pastry into squres which can then be folded in half and make triangles.


This time I made caramelised onion puffs and tomato and olive tarts.

To make these you need

1 pkt of puff pastry sheets ( 2 sheets will give 9 puffs)
onion jam/chilli jam/chutney
Meredith Goats Cheese/fetta/ tasty cheese
egg wash and some sesame seeds for garnish

This is how simple they are to make

Cut out pastry circles - I usually get nine circles per sheet. Put on a tray lined with cooking parchment.







Place a little onion jam and goats cheese on the base circle.








Place another circle on top, press/squeeze edges together to enclose filling.

Brush with egg glaze, sprinkle with sesame seeds if you have them.





Bake in a hot oven until puffed and golden browm, approx 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//