Thursday 8 May 2014

Chin Chin and Me

Some time ago we had dinner at Chin Chin, a Melbourne restaurant. I enjoyed the meal so much that my resolution to not purchase any more cookbooks was broken. I have the book sitting on my coffee table ready to flick through or read more thoroughly as time permits. It is a beautiful book and has inspired some 'in the style of ' dishes. This meal was prepared following the recipes written by Benjamin Cooper as closely as I could, allowing for some minor ingredient substitutions.


Yellow Curry of Roast Pumpkin with Grilled Tofu and Cherry Tomatoes, page 124.

I substituted mushrooms for the tofu and some coarsly chopped coriander for the finely julienned lime leaf garnish.








Twice-Cooked Beef Short Ribs with Prik Nahm Pla, page 160.

I substituted chopped coriander for sawtooth and some lemon wedges for the lime wedges.







To round out the meal, some steamed rice,

some stir fried bok choy, red onion and  peppers from the garden







and a fresh salad of finely sliced cucumber and julienned quince, moistened with some fresh lime juice to stop the quince from going brown.









a delicious dinner












from this book

No comments:

Post a Comment

//