Monday 10 July 2023

Doocot Revisited

There is a saying… We know what we like and we like what we know. Sometimes you have to just give in to the familiar and knit something that you know fits well and is an easy knit. This is the situation with the Doocot pattern. I have knitted many times with simple variations. The  pattern is a Kate Davies design.


Using a plain charcoal dk yarn from my stash. I wanted this garment to be a little shorter than I usually make to wear over a pinafore dress. This time I inserted simple garter stitch rows at the neckline and hem. I also created a split as this would allow the jumper/sweater to sit flat over the pinafore. I cord edging used around the edges of the neck, cuff and hem bands. 


Close up of the neckline with garter stitch feature. This is a great neckline, high enough to not need a scarf on a cold day but sits well with a scarf or big chunky necklace.



The split is quite deep and also has the i cord finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//