Tuesday 23 May 2023

Second Knit 2023

 I quite enjoy a bit of colourwork in knitting, although I haven’t done much for a very long time.


This is my friend Tina, who is now the recipient of this jumper. I didn’t love it when it was finished, my friend Tina did and I thought better to give it someone who would wear it than have it in the cupboard and not worn.

It was ok but I think the round yolk doesn’t work so well for me. It was my second attempt . Adapted from the Waterlands Sweater by Lotta Lothgren and published by PomPom magazine. This version has a higher neckline than the original pattern.


I love the trying on process, a definite advantage of top down knitting. I was ambivalent about this jumper long before this stage but pushed on.


and the anticipation whilst blocking.



This was my first attempt at the pattern . The original pattern had a much wider neckline and when I tried the colourwork yolk on I decided that I wouldn’t wear it. Rather than pull it out I offered to Tina as her husband Frank is a great knitter. He finished the jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//