Monday 18 July 2022

Dyeing to Stitch

I recently had a great week away at a Fibre Arts Event. These events are something that I really enjoy and look forward to doing, I consider them to be my ‘arty’ vacations. My class was with Irene Manion
Thee techniques were new to me, with the exemption of eco or natural dyeing I have not done very much with dyeing. The long stitch machine embroidery was also new to me. I t



One of my finished pieces. The toadstool and blue background were made with the dyeing technique. The stitching included the long stitch technique on the stalk and then textured stitch created by stitching on the reverse side with heavy thread in the bobbin.



The original dyed paper used to transfer colour to the background.



A selection of the dyed papers to be used in the dye transfer process.



More toadstools in production.



A dyed and machine embroidered leaf  bookmark made as my contribution to the ‘auction’ of class work made by participant. Proceeds go to a project in India and classes get behind the activity. 



‘Inspo’from Irene






No comments:

Post a Comment

//