Monday 6 June 2022

Beanies

My first knitted beanies. I love knitting but as a non hat wearer have never made a beanie. This all changed when I won a beanie kit in a ‘lucky ticket’. The beanie kit from Ochre Yarn contained everything that was needed to make the beanie - pattern, yarn, needles and instructions for making a Pom Pom.



Modelled by my son



And grandson but in the end it went to my daughter-in-law.



I had started knitting the kit pattern when my husband said he wouldn’t mind a new beanie for golf. He had very specific requirements… it must be big enough to go over a peak cap, be able to cover his ears, firm enough to not blow off but not too tight. So I stopped knitting the first one and knitted Ray a beanie.  I think it met all the requirements with a bonus feature that allowed for the brim to be folded up or pulled down. I based it on the techniques in the first beanie but with fewer stitches as it was in a thicker yarn.










No comments:

Post a Comment

//