Sunday 23 May 2021

It’s A Crazy Room

This is my creating room. My house is really old and does not lend itself to a studio space, however, I am lucky that I have a room of my own to play and create in. 



It is a crazy room. In reality it is a giant storeroom, there are books, knick knacks, finished projects and unfinished projects all crammed in together on the shelves, in cupboards and in carefully constructed 
piles on the floor. My sewing table has a sewing machine permanently set up and a large cutting mat on top that also doubles as a washable work surface. I love to make and create and my interests are varied, this in part explains the various piles and baskets on the floor and in cupboards. Downsizing may prove to be a difficult thing.



These are some of my art dolls and sculptures. Generally I make in response to a theme or challenge, these are inspired by artists or art movements.



Inspired by Picasso



Artists’ nude



Dal bird, inspired by Salvador’s Dali.



Horus, the Egyptian God



Ballet dancer, referencing Degas



Frida Kahlo, referencing her last painting, Viva la Vida
Another Picasso (cubist) influenced doll.


And a work in progress, not sure who this cat will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

//