Wednesday 14 October 2020

Some Arty Stuff

Usually I undertake a variety of textile and art related classes and symposiums, I love to bond with my tribe and really look forward to being immersed in an intensive class. Unfortunately Covid restrictions have meant that none of these have gone ahead, however, there have been many online options to explore, these have been great and certainly provided plenty of stimulation and new ideas and information. One of the great things about the classes I opted for is that they are self paced modules and that I can revisit them. The down side is that I haven’t worked as consistently or intensively as I would in a real time class but am really enjoying the leisurely pace and the ability to jump in as the whim takes me. This is a taster... there will be more.



Inspired by Nature , Exploring Mixed Media. I had already completed a class with the tutor, Tara Axford and enjoyed it so much that I thought it would  good fun. I was not disappointed. The class was set up by Fibre Arts Take Two and very professionally presented. There are many techniques covered, this a sample of work from the earlier modules. 



One of the modules involved collecting, arranging and photographing found objects. There are many modules and techniques covered. This is so much fun and addictive.



Gelli Plate Printing to create collage papers that we would use to create an image that conveyed a sense of place.



Taking photos as reference points for the collage 



Trying to capture the essence of the place with collage



Another offering from Fibre Arts Take Two. Perfectly Imperfect with Lorna Crane and only just started. First up was to construct our own set of mark making tools / brushes.



A large set and as all set.



Work station set up, ready to begin to get to know my tools and the marks that I can make with them. An hour or so later and I had a pile of papers ready to use for collage and book projects. 









I have also been making a few coloured pages for some other projects.








No comments:

Post a Comment

//