Monday 21 September 2020

A Short Break

It wasn’t intentional but I seem to have been taking a short break. Perhaps the result of the restrictions imposed by Covid 19 or maybe just a willingness to let life evolve at a slower pace. With so many groups and activities cancelled and deadlines postponed there has not been much happening. Things still get done but more slowly and without other people. Of course, the minutiae of daily life, gardening, unfinished projects and some on line classes have keep me busy. The daily walks have continued. Great opportunities for social exchange, masked of course, with other dog walkers and neighbours. 



I have enjoyed exploring different streets taking the time to stop and take photographs of things that have caught my eye. This heart, an unexpected and delightful find in a concrete path. I am fascinated by the patterns and shapes thatcan be found in worn and weathered surfaces and am constantly on the lookout for heart shaped things in nature.



These walks are also a good source of twigs, seed pods and rusty bits and pieces to add to my collection of ‘found objects’.



Beach walks, great way to entertain our grandson when we have been on caring duties. Oscar is at that delightful age where everything is interesting and fun. 



The garden has beckoned, lots of Spring growth including weeds. The hellebores have put on a great show, we have large drifts throughout the garden



And the orchids have been excellent, different varieties of cymbidium and flowering in succession



A close up of my favourite gold 



There has been some further mask making including this run of golf themed masks.



I found a piece of golf fabric found at the bottom of a box that must be at least twenty five years old,  perfect for my husband and his golf buddies.



With no restaurants open there has been even more cooking.  



And a lot of playing with Winnie. I had forgotten how playful a young cat can be.



Knitting fills in a lot of time.



I have also been experimenting with some new apps.



Remember that pile of sticks, transformed into some handmade brushes. More on these another time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

//