Tuesday 28 July 2020

Are You Book Enough Challenge 2020 - July Theme, Sea

A Mermaid’s Dictionary of the Sea. 



For this project I decided to use a shell that I found in a plastic container with other shells in a car wash in Broome, WA on a holiday. I have no idea what it is or where it was originally found but it is gorgeous. 



The shells are delicate and beautifully patterned and just the sort of thing that I imagine would be perfect for a mermaid.


I managed to cut it open with minimal damage. The two halves were then hinged with a small piece of linen which also gave me something to sew the signatures to. I used a fine crocheted a cord to close the book.



The signatures are made with sea coloured altered papers from my stash.



Old dictionary pages were cut up and used for the sea related definitions.











No comments:

Post a Comment

//