Wednesday 11 December 2019

A Wee Trip to Port Fairy

We have had a wee trip away to Port Fairy, a place I love to visit.



This time my purpose was made all the more fun as we were going to the opening of an art exhibition and visiting one of my long-standing friends. Some time ago I entered an art competition conducted by Blarney Books and was fortunate to have my work short listed for inclusion.



Such a thrill to see my name in print.



The book title that I received on entry was Gould’s Book of Fish by Richard Flanagan. My entry was a piece of embroidery that formed the cover of an artist’s book. My concept was to imagine that I was picking up the story where the original book ended. Thus formed the idea  for a new chapter . Chapter 13, The Gemfish. The mounted embroidery is detachable and ready for framing, the rest of the book documents the processes and materials used in the making of both the artwork and the book.



At the pre opening with my artist’s book.



One of the pages



Joint  winning entries. For Roya by Claire Macrae Drylie, inspired by On the Java Ridge by Jock Serong



and Kiewarra Rabbit by Kate Buttery, inspired by The Dry by Jane Harper.



We stayed in this National Trust cottage fitted out with all the comforts of home



And  many antique furnishings including a four poster bed.






No comments:

Post a Comment

//