Monday 14 October 2019

Think Inside the Box - Concept to Product

The workshop with Shelley Rhodes is over and I have flown home.  It was a great week away, the workshop was fabulous - lots to consider and busy. With papers and fabrics to prepare, boxes to be made and altered, the contents of the boxes to be considered and curated, it was a busy week.



My final product, a series of books, scrolls, both paper and fabric and my collection of heart shaped rocks, shells and coral piece from my recent trip to the Kimberley and Broome. 



Each group is asked to produce an item for auction on the last night. A light hearted event that raises money for the scholarship fund. Our group decided that we would each make a large tag/bookmark.



This is the one that I made.



We also made a small matchbox that formed a small group display.



This is mine, a collection that I referred to as  Bits from Broome



Although not part of the class I made these orbs, always a pleasure to learn a new skill from another participant.



And this card on behalf of the class. A small square from each of us and space for Shelley to add one of hers.



A little bit of fun. Each day Shelley gave us a quote and was known to say just one more thing as she added another technique or idea to our repertoire.



Some close ups of each  of the pieces in my collection. This box contains a book, three small scrolls and a selection of the heart shaped rocks.




This box contains a fabricscroll and three small concertina fold books.




This box contains a large concertina book that when unfolded is more than one metre long.




One of six small collages, each approximately five centimetres square.



And another.



Unusually, I had two friends in the class. This is Lariane’s work



And this is Gillian’s.



I began each day with a walk to a coffee shop, taking a slightly different route each time. On one of the days I came across this yellow climbing rose that covered a a pergola and carport. It brought back so many memories, my mother had one of these growing on a side fence.



These metal sculptures of a young girl called Marion were to be found along the historic walk around Marion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

//