Tuesday 8 October 2019

The Long Road to Adelaide

Sometime ago I purchased a book written by Shelley Rhodes and when I discovered that she was coming to Australia to teach I decided that I would like to do her class. The downside was that I would have to travel to Adelaide, a plane trip or a day long drive. Not something I would normally consider - I do lots of classes but usually an easy drive and can load up the car. Luckily, a friend also decided to do the class and was prepared to drive over.  You can read more about Shelley here



When on a road trip one should take in the sights or at least as many as we could and still get to our destination in time to register and meet the tutor.



Go to goal / Visit the ‘comfort ‘ stops



Checkout exhibitions and collections of memorabilia, I was very much taken by this framed set of cut throat razors and these garden beds with rusted metal sculptures.



Refuel the car and ourselves



Fabulous burger and chips from the BP Roadhouse in Keith



Rusted iron farmer, cattle dog and sheep





The painted silos



The mighty Murray



After an early start, 5 am we arrived at Westminster School. Our home for the week.



Lovely boarding house, modern and spacious.



Spacious grounds with beautifully landscaped gardens.



Fabulous wetlands nearby, perfect for my daily walk.



No comments:

Post a Comment

//