Thursday 21 March 2019

Passionfruit Spread

I love it when friends turn up with a bountiful supply of passionfruit, it means that I get to make passionfruit spread. I only make this spread in small batches and use it up quickly, each batch uses half a cup of passionfruit pulp. Cornflour is used to stabilise the spread, however,  it can be made without it. Whenever I get lots of passionfruit I freeze it in half cup blocks and then  defrost a block to use to make another batch. I love this spread as a layer on pavlova or in sponge cake or as a filling for small tarts.



The spread is thick and each batch makes one jar.






Spread a layer over the pavlova, top with unsweetened whipped cream and then more fresh
passionfruit.




It is delicious on toast or crumpets



Passionfruit Spread
1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
1/2 cup caster sugar
60 g butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons cornflour (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe /heat proof bowl ( I use a Pyrex jug) and mix well. If using cornflour mix it into the passionfruit before adding the remaining ingredients.
Microwave on high in one minute increments until the mixture has boiled and thickened, whisk at each increment.
Place spread in a clean and sterilised jar. Store in the fridge. Use within ten days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

//