Wednesday 17 October 2018

BOAA at the Art Gallery of Ballarat

I love a day trip. Today, my friend Lariane and I went to Ballarat for the Biennale of Australian Art. There was so much to see and across many venues, it was really too much for one day.   I was particularly drawn to the work of Faridah Cameron.



The paintings are made using a technique of using plastic bags of paint to pipe the thread-like lines.





Cameron says ‘The thread-like application of paint becomes a metaphor for connecting, making, repairing. As with text, marks evolve towards meaning. There are many threads to be followed.





These enormous installation pieces by Asher Bilu providing an immersive experience for the viewer.



My friend Lariane and I in front of  Infinicopia, this should give an idea of the size of the work.







Resurrection, a massive sculpture made from sponges, painted white.



Detail



Marlene Gilson, a Wathaurung Elder. Her paintings explore Aboriginal myth and stories of the goldfields.



My favourite from the Numina Sisters


Detail



And lunch, a girl has got to refuel.  My fave coffee haunt, L’Espresso also has delicious meals



Today, confitduck leg, with channeling beans, speck, spring peas and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//