Friday 7 September 2018

What Have You Been Up To?

How often do we get asked this question? If you are anything like me you have to stop and think, mostly our lives are just filled with the day to day business of living. So what have I been doing in recent weeks? Lots!  As a retiree my days are full and I have the luxury of time to indulge my interests.  


There are always jobs to be done around the house and in the garden.  Succulents have become a bit of a passion, our back paved area is very hot and they do well in pots.This bowl is my favourite. It is very wide and relatively shallow, the second pot is submerged slightly into the soil of the base bowl. I replant it every other year as the succulents grow and need to be divided. 


This year these aonium are flowering magnificently despite the cramped conditions of the big rectangular plastic pot that they are in. 



This little section has grown quite well, although, it is going to be removed for the installation of  a roof over the paving.



When first planted about eighteen months ago.

We are embarking on a few changes around the house and some redesigning of the garden. The front garden has been slightly remodelled and the back to come after our new patio is installed.



A neighbour was getting rid of some old bricks which I happily carted to our place and used decoratively to break up the space.




 I have really given  in to baking - currently working my way through Bravetart



Homemade Trefoils, page 230



Magic Key Lime Pie, page 174



Red (wine) Velvet Cake, page 130



Effortless Angel’s Food Cake, page 98



Homemade Cinnamon Scrolls, page 268

We seem to have lots of visitors and I am much more available for social events. Coffee mornings and ‘Ladies’ lunches are a frequent entry in my calendar. 



Some would say a motto to live by. 



A bit of fun and a challenge for me, investigating burgers that can be had within a five kilometres walk from home. Fourteen so far.



Walking the dogs and early morning coffee.



Preserving, so much citrus this year so lots of marmalade and lime chutney and pickle.



A little  printmaking, experimenting with colours and layers





Some stitching and natural dyeing



And lots of time with Oscar. Grandparenting is such fun!








And this gives you some idea of what I have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//