Sunday 23 September 2018

Carbeth Jumper Dress

This is my latest knitting project. I am a fan of Kate Davies  patterns and have been using her Carbeth range of patterns. My first knit was the cardigan which I have worn just about every day since it was finished. I tackled the jumper and decided that I would make it very long and into a dress. It is perfect for the cold mornings when I am walking the dog.



I used Bendigo Yarns for this. I needed to knit two yarns together to get the correct tension. The first was a 12 ply in Ironstone, a deep dark blue colour and some 4 ply in black. The finished garment has a very pleasing mottled look.



I love the shaping of the sleeves and yoke. The pattern for the jumper has a roll neck, however, I adapted the pattern to have the same doubled over neckline that is a feature of the Carbeth cardigan and the Carbeth Swan Lake patterns. It is a very easy knit and using the thick yarns a quick knit even when you make it extra long.




1 comment:

//