Thursday 21 December 2017

Print Exchange

The printmaking group decided to celebrate the end of the year by having an exchange of prints. We agreed to the theme of Water, to be interpreted by each printmaker in whatever way they liked, to be wood carved plates, a common size, no bigger than A5.  The prints were then to be made into a book.


This is one of my wave prints. There was some experimentation with inking



This is another


This is the plate. Stylised waves and sea spray. It is now on the cover of the book that I made.



The book 



Each print is mounted to a folded page.


This is my second plate. I liked the idea of the Koi making waves in a pond. I had lots of fun printing this plate and have so many prints that I will make another book that just has prints from this plate. 


This one has the fish printed onto orange paper using chine colle.

This one is printed onto Japanesegift wrap /tissue that was glued to the print paper.

The Exchanges














I am very pleased with my finished book and was a fun thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. They are predictably all so different! I do love your sea one and the Koi on the orange paper

    ReplyDelete

//