Friday 15 September 2017

More from Milk Bar Life and Momofuku Milk Bar

A new cook book is always a source of inspiration and I really do enjoy trying out new recipes. My collection of cook books is extensive and collected over many years. I happily admit that some have never been cooked from or are purely reference type books and others may have been used once or twice. This year I added two books by Christina Toni to my collection. Momofuku Milk Bar and Milk Bar Life.  Momofuku Milk Bar has an interesting approach that breaks many of the cakes and desserts into components that can be easily swapped around. I love the idea of Layer cakes, perfect for a special occasion. Cookies or biscuits are a staple in my pantry, they generally keep quite well it is so easy to put out a plate for any visitors who pop in.


This is the Apple Pie Layer Cake, page 157 of Momofuku Milk Bar



The recipe lists these components; 1 recipe Barely Brown Butter Cake, 1 recipe Apple Juice Soak,
1 recipe Liquid Cheesecake, 1/2 recipe Pie Crumb, 1 recipe Apple Pie Filling and 1/2 recipe Pie Crumb Frosting.



This is the book


This is another cake from the book, I called it Bananarama and it was adapted from the Banana Layer Cake page 193. 



Chocolate-chocolate cookies page 88


Ritz cookies, page 59, Milk Bar Life


Snickerdoodles, page 58, Milk Bar Life


No comments:

Post a Comment

//