Tuesday 6 December 2016

Tis the Season

Tis the season, 


To cook. Cakes, puddings, gingerbread, biscuits and cookies, mince pies and shortbread. 


Create a festive welcome


Put up a tree, outside 


and inside. I love my collection of red and gold baubles and birds, they sit nicely amongst the poinsettia and bows.




To decorate. In the hallway


And anywhere else you can put a decoration or two or three. 


Whilst Santa may be laid back



Christmas is never understated at my house.


To be busy crafting, the Santa production is in full swing. The prototype for this year - you will need to wait and see the finished product.


To get the Christmas shopping done, I love a well decorated public space and these sort of displays always help get me in the spirit.


To eat naughty things, like this bag of toffees


And To Party.

The Christmas get togethers and parties have begun. The first of the season - the Line Dancing Christmas Party. Les is such an inspiration, nearly 89 and still going strong as our line dancing instructor. A morning of line dancing, a formal lunch with more dancing, a lovely gift of a CD of line dances to practise over the Summer break. What more could I ask for?


And while I might dreaming of a White Christmas this is as close as it gets. Another lunch, the venue had this white and gold tree and it got me thinking. New tree, holiday in Bamff or some other cold and snowy destination.








No comments:

Post a Comment

//