Wednesday 9 March 2016

Nopi - 2

I am enjoying the challenge of the recipes in this book. Planning and organisation are necessary; the recipes are complex in that there are often multiple components to prepare before the dish is finished, however, the ingredients are easily sourced which makes the shopping easier. I would not usually cook two chicken recipes in the same week, however, I took advantage of a sale.


Chicken Supremes with Roast Garlic and Tarragon Brioche Pudding, page 163. I was unable to get brioche so substituted crustless sourdough that was buttered. 


The pudding before slicing and frying.

The next meal was served on platters rather than individual plating. The recipe used baby chickens, however, I substituted regular chicken.


Another chicken dish, Twice Cooked Chicken with Chilli Sauce and Kaffir Lime Salt, page 167


A version of Mixed Chinese Vegetables, page 88. The recipe uses book Chou and tender stem broccoli (broccolini), I used broccoli, zucchini and spring onions from the garden.


Cardamon and Clove Rice, page 81



Plated and ready to eat, definitely a 'seconds' sort of dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//