Wednesday 12 August 2015

Catching Up with the ATC'S

Catching up with the Artist's Trading Cards. A friend casually asked if I had stopped doing the ATC's as they had not appeared on the blog for awhile - I haven't,  somehow I seemed to have forgotten to record them. The project is for the year and then the group will decide if it wishes to continue.

Graffiti was the theme for April.


This is the card that I made to swap. It is one of a series of four titled This is My Tag. The brick wall is stencilled onto the background fabric, the black lettering is made up of black chiffon that was fusible webbed to black calico and then glued and stitched to the brick wall.

These are the swaps that I received in the swap.


Graffiti 2/3
















Graffitti - This would be my TAG if I ever dared to do some street art. 2/4





















Leaf was the theme for May



This is the card that I made to swap. It is one of a series of four titled Ivy. The background is silk paper with free machine scribble, the  ivy leaves are glued and stitched to the background.

These are the cards that I received in the swap.



Remembrance of Leaves Past. 3/5





















Leaf. 1/1






















Crewel Leaf. 1/3






















Brown Paper/Metallic Foil was the theme for June


This is similar to the cards that I made to swap. It is one of a series titled Uncut Opal. I usually make four, keep one and swap three. There was a slight mix up with the swap for June and  the swap happened with four people so the original four were posted out and I made a new one for myself. The background is brown paper, crumpled and then smudged with pastel, the metallic foils were fusible webbed to paper to create the opal seams. The layers were glued to the background card and then stitched.

These are the cards that I received in the swap.



Glitzy - I'm Not Foiled. 2/2





















Outback. 1/3






















Paper Flowers. 2/6




















Brown Paper & Foil. 2






















No comments:

Post a Comment

//