Saturday 11 April 2015

A Fabulous Week

Home from my week away and already booked in for next year's Fibre Arts Ballarat. I  had so much fun in the Paper Object class with Jade Peglar and really appreciated the opportunity to work with such a talented and creative artist.

There is much unfinished work, however, I managed to complete these three Woman of Words, I like that they are all similar and connected.


 All are relaxing and reading a book - as you would expect from 'woman of words'




I liked the simplicity of the body shapes and decided to restrict the features and colours, leaving the printed words to contrast with the faces. Others opted for a more colourful approach.


Fertility Goddess and Prima Ballerina by Amanda


Monster Book by Monique



and this Viking Ship by Sally


More paper art - installations by Deb Mc Ardle, each year I look forward to her creations, they pop up all around the grounds and in doorways.






I took a stroll each morning, this is an early morning photograph of an area at the Botanical Gardens, lots of birds and swampy sort of habitat.


and even if I didn't need anything I visited the Trades Hall


and weather permitting, had my morning coffee in a sunny spot in the grounds



No comments:

Post a Comment

//