Friday 20 March 2015

Green Pea Soup

Have returned from my week away to slightly chillier weather and the desire for a bowl of comforting soup. I once made it with freshly shelled green peas but never bother now, I happily use frozen baby peas. The bright green colour and fresh flavour make for a delicious light soup. If you do not have fresh mint growing use chopped parsley. I have also made a curried version of this soup by adding a tablespoon of curry paste during the cooking.


This soup can be made very quickly and can be cooking whilst you do a few small jobs which in my case was put my washing on and start to pack away all the craft supplies I took away with me.

Fresh Green Pea Soup
500g frozen peas or fresh shelled peas
1/2 -1 onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic
2 cups vegetable / chicken stock

Garnish
Sour cream
Chopped mint


Method
Put frozen peas and onion and stock in a pot.  Bring to boil and then simmer until peas are soft and mushy. Approximately 15 minutes. Additional water may need to be added.
Puree the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor. Adjust consistency of soup.
To serve
Garnish with a spoon of sour cream and chopped mint


No comments:

Post a Comment

//