Friday 20 February 2015

Stir Fried Green Beans & Bean Curd in Hot Sauce



A fellow blogger in Canada  Diana  sent me this recipe. She says that she makes it with beans that she blanches and freezes. On her advice, I have frozen several bags of the abundant bean crop and as she says "these are good". I love that she has sent me the recipe and is happy for me to share it.



It was delicious with the fried rice that was made from the leftovers from our Chinese New Year dinner.

I sort of followed the recipe, however, I was not sure about the 1 1/2 sticks bean curd so  used a 500g packet of tofu, 360 g beans, omitted the salt and only used 1 tablespoon of oil as it was cooked in a non stick/teflon pan. The sauce recipe was doubled. Unfortunately, we did not have any tomato paste so I substituted homemade tomato sauce, Sambal Olek was used for the chilli sauce. I am not sure that this is what it should look like but the four diners who had it thought it was delicious.






No comments:

Post a Comment

//