Tuesday 3 February 2015

More Cumquat Ideas

More ideas for using up cumquats.

I thought preserved cumquats might be nice. Whenever I get a lot of lemons I make a jar or two of preseved  lemons, perhaps cumquats could be substituted for lemons - time will tell as they need to sit for a few weeks. The technique for preserving lemons in explained here.





Or they may be good as a refreshing drink so I squeezed a small jug of juice.















The juice was very tart so I added some sugar syrup to make a type of cordial,  My plan was to make it up into a large jug with ice cubes, lemon verbena or mint but the single glass sytem worked just as well. There was just enough for everyone to have a glass - mine was topped up with soda water, others opted for a vodka and cumquat topped with soda.

Cumquat Cordial
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
400 -500 ml cumquat juice

Put sugar and water in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until dissolved. Allow to cool slightly then add to cumquat juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//