Monday 17 August 2020

A Bit of Sewing

I have been doing a bit of sewing.  Firstly the face masks. There is a lot of demand for washable and reusable masks now that they are mandatory here in Victoria, Australia. I am at nearly one hundred, with three different styles and sizes. I try to personalise the masks to the recipient or meet a colour request. I started of using elastic but soon swapped to using panty hose cut into strips, much kinder on the ears.



Although not required to wear one, my grandson has his Thomas the Tank Engine mask.



The red, white and black for my father. The colours of his beloved Saints, St Kilda football club.



Yes, personalised for the cat lover. A selfie taken in my sewing room, look closely and you will see some of cat stuff.



I called  this one The Virus as the pattern on the fabric reminded me of images of virus.



Some colourful, some restrained





And the dog coats



It began with this one, made for my borrow dog Morris.



Made for all shapes and sizes, 













All made from my stash of fabrics and notions, not that it seems to have made much difference to the stash. As a bit of a hoarder and having a lot of cupboards to stash stuff in it was easy to stay home and sew. So glad that I haven’t  given in to the pressure to clean out my cupboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//