Friday 16 November 2018

Date Slice





I love it when people share recipes with me. This one came from Jan, a fellow participant in a Printmaking and bookbinding class. Anything with dates and of the simple melt and mix method will win me over.



Not only simple to make , this slice is quite economical. I did not have any difficulty cutting the slice warm despite the suggestion that it is better to cut the next day. 



Here is the recipe as sent to me by Jan.

Date Slice

Ingredients:
125 gms butter, melted.  1/2 cup raw sugar.  1 cup chopped dates (I usually just cut in halves). 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. 1 Egg.  1 cup SR Flour.  1 teaspoon vanilla  

Method:

1.Mix melted butter, sugar and beaten egg.

2.Add chopped dates and walnuts.

3.Then mix in Flour and flavourings.

4. (It is quite a stiff mixture.) Spread evenly into a slice tin lined with baking paper.

5. Bake at 160 C in fan forced oven for approx 20 mins until golden brown.

6. Dust top with icing sugar when cold. Better cut next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

//